|Star Fighter Info|
Variable Geometry Self-Propelled Battle Droid, Mark I
Trade Federation version:
Integrated droid brain
Fuel for 35 minutes
In starfighter mode:
The Variable Geometry Self-Propelled Battle Droid, Mark I (also known as the Vulture-class droid starfighter or simply as the Vulture Droid) was a droid starfighter used by the Trade Federation. Later, in much greater numbers, it was utilized by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. It participated heavily in the Clone Wars, at engagements such as the Battle of Kamino and Coruscant.
Like most of the Trade Federation's armed forces, it carried no living pilot, but rather a droid brain that was linked to a central control computer, often aboard a Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship. Each Trade Federation battleship carried 1,500 such droid starfighters.
The Vulture-class was designed by Haor Chall Engineering, which was founded by the fanatical Xi Char, a religious order dedicated to high-precision manufacturing. As a result, it represented classic Xi Charrian design— an insectoid appearance, multiple weapons emplacements, and a compact body that offered only a small target for enemy fighters.
Vulture Droid TeamsEdit
Notes & ReferencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- ↑ Labyrinth of Evil
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Official Star Wars Fact File
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- ↑ Hasbro Titanium-series Vulture Droid 
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars (film)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Battlefront II